Pride

I did something for the very first time last Thursday. I was inspired to write a grant for a software program called Earobics for my classroom. It wasn't a very large grant ($687), but it was definitely a last-minute grant (the deadline was Friday). I got some advice from some people who have written them and recieved them before and I'm pretty sure I wrote a STRONG grant. At least, I got positive feedback from colleagues, so that's good. Now all I have to do is sit around and wait till March to find out if I got the grant or not. I really hope I do.

My students are also very proud of themselves these days. My aide bought a device to help teach children how to tie their shoes (it's kind of like a large rectangle covered with material with large holes and laces). It turns out that half of my second and third graders can't tie their own shoes. Two of them have mild cerebral palsy issues, and two of them just never learned. My aide showed them how to do it, and they've been practicing like crazy ever since! They are so excited! They are even helping the younger ones across the hall now.

What a great thing it is to feel a sense of accomplishment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would a thunk it...thousands of $$$ spent on your education, coming from Europe to America, studying day and night for years...and...finally...you are teaching children to tie their shoes...CONGRATUATIONS!!! I mean that in a GOOD way, kinda. Maybe you can work on Max next.

Anonymous said...

that's really cool about the shoe tying. Now that's a skill that kids can actually use!!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home