Feeling Peevish

My room is the only one in a small hallway that connects the middle school wing to the main hallway. I have a nice little window in my door so I can see who's knocking before they come in (not that I can stop anyone from coming in!). My room is also right across the drinking fountain and the bathrooms. It's a nice little setup. The only thing that I don't like is... the middle schoolers. They think it's so hilarious to knock on my door as they walk by. Every time it happens, I swivel in my chair to see who it is only to discover that it's just some lame middle schooler who thinks he's funny. This happens at least three times a day, usually at the end of the day. This has become my ultimate pet peeve. Every time it's happened, I've resisted the urge to come flying out my door and grab the nearest pre-teen by the collar and give him a good shake. Instead I just stare at my computer and focus on not giving them the satisfaction of turning around and checking to see who it is.

One of these days, I'm going to inadvertently ignore the principal. I can just see it coming...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's preparation, when someday, YOU will be the parent of a middle-schooler. Mom and I had to do it three times. The first was the most difficult.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Have all faculty and important others do a "secret" knock in code....and you can then ignore all other knocks with a clear conscience!!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I see middle-school-idis approaching your door.

Anonymous said...

Try posting a sign something like, KNOCK IF YOU LOVE SCHOOL or KNOCK IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE PRINCIPAL or KNOCK IF YOU LOVE HOMEWORK or KNOCK AND DIE...

Anonymous said...

In case of kooties KNOCK...

Anonymous said...

Human sacrifices wanted. Knock to apply.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home