Our nice friends who took our dog Barney for two weeks over Christmas asked us if we would return the favor this weekend.
Sure! What's a couple of days with an extra couple of pets around? Never mind that they're huge...
So for four days we have three cats and three dogs. Here are my observations so far:
* Big dogs eat A LOT. They might even eat more than we do.
* When a big dog jumps up to greet you, he's looking right into your face!
* A big dog fart reeks just as much as a small dog fart.
* A big dog still wants to sit on your lap. He doesn't think he's that big.
* When you're on the couch and you lean over top of a big dog, he doesn't whimper like a small dog. In fact, he barely even notices. Want to use the big dog as an extra couch pillow? No problem!
* When Max and I plus the three dogs are sitting in front of the TV, our couch seems suspiciously small.
* The kitchen floor is practically flooded from all of the vigorous water lapping.
* When a big dog accidentally pees in the house, you don't need paper towels to clean it up. You need TOWELS!
* Two of our three cats are ready to murder everybody.
The owners will be coming by tonight to pick up their two dogs. Barney will probably be catching up on his sleep tomorrow and the cats will most likely be catching their breath!
To My Friends Who Try to Sell Me Things on Facebook
11 hours ago