Hats

I have yet to have a normal week at work. Last week was Not Getting Lost Week, Learning Names Week, and Setting Up Schedules Week. This week, I'm finally on my own, and it looks like this week will be Room Set Up Week, and MEAP Testing Week (that is our state's yearly standardized test). So far, I have set up the majority of my room, figured out testing schedules for sixteen different kids in four different grades, and ordered hundreds of dollars worth of supplies (on the school's budget--yea!!).

This job still feels really new to me. I know it will become all too familiar soon, but I'm still getting there. I have a picture on my file cabinet of two of my colleagues in California, and I keep waiting for them to walk across the hall and pop in. I anticipate good things from this job, but every once in a while, I'll startle myself by noticing something unfamiliar in my room and suddenly remember that I'm not in California anymore, that I'm not teaching DHH anymore....

I am a third year teacher wearing a different kind of hat.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I'm sure you are an awesome teacher. Those kids are blessed to have a christian teacher helping them along during their school year. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Anonymous said...

Hats off to you!! Mom

Anonymous said...

I can see it now...year 20 something...on a cart going from room to room...wondering what the powers of darkness (administration) will have you teach next...OR...raising 4 children at home (school) with husband president of small Christian college...

Max said...

When does she marry someone who is actually successful? And what happens to me?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the "newness" of the job. It'll wear off soon enough!

Love you. Dad

Newer Posts Older Posts Home