A Matter of Perspective

I knew today would be a little rough, because over the weekend, one of our one-on-one aides resigned. She was assigned to a mainstreamed sixth grader who has Down Syndrome. Until we can find someone new, I'm in charge of making sure she participates, follows directions, and does her work. She can be difficult to work with.

I had a busy day, bouncing between my sixth grader and two first graders who need a lot of support. Add to the mix a few teachers who need me to get down to their classrooms because they are seeing major red flags in some new students, and I felt a bit stretched.

I think it was overall a good day, aside from my sixth grader pooping her pants in the afternoon.

But at least a kindergartner didn't pee on my bare arm from the top of the playground slide. My general ed. colleague can't say as much. So I guess it can always be worse!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the sixth grader!

Your old sped other half.

Anonymous said...

A crappy day! Mom

Anonymous said...

We call days like yours, "character building moments!"

Praying for you, dad

Anonymous said...

So, "You go, girl" will not be an encouraging statement to use with this sixth grade student?
:)Brenda

Newer Posts Older Posts Home