Looking Ahead

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the future. We're moving to the other side of the state this summer, which means job hunting and house dreaming/hunting. Of course, it will be apartment living once more if I can't find another teaching job. This is a definite possibility in a city that is so over-flooded with teachers that even the substitutes and the paraprofessionals/aides all have their teaching certificates.

I spend my planning time compulsively checking remax.com and craigslist for places to live, and school district websites for places to work. The problem is, to get most jobs you have to know someone. I do know someone, but I don't know if there will be any positions there in the fall.

It's a bleak picture, but I'm trying not to give up faith!

Also? Four more weeks until Spring Break!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Princess, we are praying that you and Max will have the same song of peace and assurance in your heart that was sung by Judah in Isaiah 26: 3,12 !

We are praying, and singing the same thing for OURSELVES too.

Love, dad & mom

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

You will need God's grace and a very healthy dose of luck to get a new job. I'm praying for both!

Anonymous said...

HE is a God of miracles!! Mom

Anonymous said...

So far...so good...

Anonymous said...

Sarah, somehow I missed the part about your plans to move etc. and had to come back a bit to look for more info :) Sorry!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home