Finally in France

**NOTE** This is my third post today. Scroll down to see pictures of Bratislava and Vienna, and of our eventful travel day!


It was a long drive from Bratislava back to my parents' house in Alsace, France. We knew it would take about 9 hours drive time, plus we figured with bathroom breaks and the possibility of traffic, it could easily take us 12 hours! No one was really looking forward to this. Here I am wondering if we're there yet:

And then my dad dragged us all to Salzburg, Austria on the way home. Now I don't want to sound like a snotty, stuck-up European traveler as I say this, but we had just spent nine days being tourists 24/7 and we were EXHAUSTED and everyone just wanted to get home. But dad decided it would be some kind of crime if we didn't stop in Salzburg, even though we were in the middle of a massively long drive home. So with sighs of resignation, we gave him a ONE HOUR time limit and we hopped out of the car to see the city square:


To his credit, he did manage to get us back in the car after one hour (after we graciously agreed to start the timer after we stopped for fuel). And I suppose Salzburg was very pretty in the end, so no harm done.

Anyways, we were very happy to be home again after such a wonderful trip!!

3 comments:

Randy et Jan said...

Well, no trip is complete without Salzburg you know!!! Mom

Anonymous said...

I woke up in the middle of the night from a nice sleep and thought "what about Sarah's carsickness?" I even think about my friends while I'm sleeping! Glad you had a good time.
~JO

Anonymous said...

untenured.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading untenured.blogspot.com every day.
online cash advance
pay day loans

Newer Posts Older Posts Home