He forgets I'm untenured

Every weekend, I do my lesson planning for the week ahead. It's extra time consuming because my principal wants me to submit my lesson plans on this special form. The form and the way it's set up is completely counter-intuitive and is in no way helpful in actually implementing my plans. If a substitute came in and was handed my week's lesson plans on the principal's form, she might say something like: "Oooh, that's a pretty form!! Now what should I do with the students?"

So, like most of the other teachers at my school, I end up having to make two sets of lesson plans: one to appease my principal, and one that I can actually follow. Double the work!

Ten minutes ago, I finished MY set of lesson plans. I was about to go to the computer and fill out the principal's set of plans when my husband suggested that instead of tediously filling out all those boxes, I just write: "See diploma. See resume"

Because I do know what I'm doing, after all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody told me one time that most principals were the school bully wanta be and they fulfill their lost power by becoming principals...

Randy et Jan said...

This principal sounds like a "micro-manager!" What important activity is he/she letting drop in order to read everyone's lesson plans?? Mom

Sneaker Teacher said...

Hi! Just came across your blog. I am also a teacher. Just got a job (in Germany) teaching special education K-12 at an international school.

Your husband has the right idea! I have never had to turn in lessons to my principal, but it seems like such a waste of time to have to complete a form that does not help you plan/prepare for/teach your lessons!

Why can't the principal just review the lessons you wrote...the ones that you actually use?!

Katie
www.sneakerteacher.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You know there are others doing the same thing you're doing back in MI... "learning plans" Learning how to fill in what they want and then writing our own plans....
~JM

Angela Watson said...

Loved it, linked to it. :-)

http://thecornerstoneforteachers.blogspot.com/2009/10/amusement-irony-and-sarcasm-in.html

Randy et Jan said...

Move to H.S. Lesson plans? dad

Newer Posts Older Posts Home