Job Mob

I'm back from the meat market. I mean, teacher job fair. And I've come to a few conclusions:

1. It never hurts to get somewhere an hour and a half early.
2. Cutting back on liquids will eliminate bathroom breaks and maximize time spent with potential employers.
3. The booths representing Michigan schools had lines a mile long full of teachers wanting face time. I'm pretty sure that for every single student in Michigan, there is a qualified, certified teacher!
4. Some districts from out of state were ready to give out contracts and hire on the spot! Apparently the prospective teachers weren't the only desperate ones. Poor Alaska and Arizona!

But back to how things went for me. I had encouraging talks with districts in Virginia, Maryland and the west side of Michigan. I had very encouraging talks with two districts in Texas. I'm not sure what it all means or where it will all lead (if anywhere). But I can't wait to find out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Good for you - chin up - keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Did you go to WMU? I went there a few years back and it was a madhouse. But, when people saw my nametag and sped I was snatched to the front of the line.

Anonymous said...

I see how it is...it seems I am very uninformed these days! You'd better let me know immediately how the interview goes. Find me in the gym if you have to! JM

Anonymous said...

An adventure! That's the spirit! Mom

Anonymous said...

We prayed for your interview today too! love, dad

Newer Posts Older Posts Home