This Could be my Free Ticket Home

It's been a slow day back at school today, so I thought I would share a story that just had be to be told from last Thursday. You'll remember from my previous post that last Thursday, I discovered that a charming young second grader was wearing her glasses to be just like me. What I didn't get a chance to tell you was that Thursday was also a very stinky day.
 
I had two students poop their pants ON PURPOSE (by their own admissions). My sixth grader with Down Syndrome pooped out of spite because earlier in the day, we had made her apologize to her friend for pouring water down her shoes. I am so mean for making her apologize, aren't I?
 
Later on, one of my second graders pooped to get out of math. I had been helping him and another student for about thirty minutes during the lesson. I had to go back to my office at 1:45 to help another group of students. As I left the room, the boy in question looked at me like his dog had just died. His teacher informed me that it was right after I left (and when he had to start working on his own) that the Stink happened.
 
One of the school deans jokingly said that I must scare the poop out of my students!

4 comments:

TeachEnEspanol said...

Wow, there has got to be a less disgusting way of getting out of math! ;)

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I think of doing that when I was their age? dad

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I read your blog during my lunch hour...

Betsy, Eric, and Sophia said...

Sarah...your stories are hilarious (from far away, where I am safe from all the poop). They are so different from Eric's, which are all about the dramatic life as a 14-16 yr old. Also hilarious. There must be a special crown in heaven for teachers!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home