Signs you may need to a) revamp your classroom management system, or b) get a classroom management system:
- You blame the kids for their behavior.
- You blame the administration for your kids' behavior.
- The only management tool you use is threats.
- Your decisions are both arbitrary and inconsistent.
- You scream at the kids until your face and neck turn red. (True story!)
- You lose your voice often.
- You don't think you're yelling, but the kids are covering their ears.
- You tell your colleagues you're going to go work at IHOP.
- You accuse your students of being "ghetto" -- to their faces.
- You can't teach your lesson plans because you're too busy doing damage control.
After all, friends don't let friends teach mad.