Feeling naughty

I snickered to myself as I put on my denim jacket on my way to work today. It felt so rebellious, so ... wrong.
 
At my last school, the principal decided that jean jackets looked like a gang sign so no staff members were allowed to wear them. This resulted in a lot of collective foot stomping and protests of "That's not fair!" There were so many perfect weather occasions that I couldn't wear my beloved jean jacket.
 
But I'm in Texas now, at a different school that isn't all hung up on what attire is appropriate (I can wear capris now too! Yay!). And even though there's no rule against jean jackets, I still feel like I'm breaking a rule. And it makes me smile.
 
What crazy rules do you have to follow where you work?

7 comments:

Elissa Newton said...

I sit behind a desk all day. Sometime I don't put on my work shoes. I just leave my converse on with my dress pants. No one has even noticed. But yeah, I feel like a rebel :)

Anonymous said...

I've had principals who banned jeans, tennis shoes, capri's and t-shirts. Others who required ties, hosery, button up shirts and slacks. My current principal is pretty relaxed about the dress code.

JoAnna said...

our union would go so berserk if a principal said anything about our clothes. it says in our contract that we have to dress in a professional manner. i can't imagine having to follow a dress code.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Lucky me ~ I now only work at home (very little too!!) :-) On my website boutique - so I don't have ANY rules and I love it!! :-)

BusyWorkingMama said...

I'm in an office and we have a dress code that doesn't allow heels over 2.5 inches tall. I break it regularly.

Shell said...

Oh, that is crazy!

When I was student teaching, I got in trouble for not wearing hose- with my PANTS! My advisor caught a flash of bare ankle and was appalled.

And then I moved where I could teach in capris or jeans.

Unknown said...

LOL! That's awesome! But...we all know about 'fair' don't we???

Newer Posts Older Posts Home