officially old

This summer marks ten years since both Max and I graduated from high school.

For my reunion, a nice hotel was booked (with a special discount price), a catered dinner was organized, and various activities were planned for a whole weekend of fun.

For Max's reunion? Only about half of the class was invited, and they're all just meeting up at a local bar.

We'll be out of town for Max's reunion but it sure doesn't sound like we're missing much! We will be attending my reunion this weekend and I'm excited to see everyone again. I'm tempted to wear some kind of sign, letting everyone know that I'm not as big of a nerd as I was way back when (notice that I didn't say that I wasn't a nerd!).

Thankfully, I'm not feeling too much pressure to invent the perfect life. Max and I have had some very fun adventures (and some misadventures which make for good stories) in the past ten years. But do you think it would be tacky to whip out a picture of Barney when everyone starts talking about their babies??

10 comments:

Sneaker Teacher said...

I have a ten year reunion coming up this year too. My class decided to do it over Thanksgiving weekend, but I live pretty far away from where I went to HS (even being back in Portland it's far) so I don't think I am going to go. My sister in law was in my class though so she will fill me in on everything!

Bethany said...

My ten year reunion was non-existent! Nothing planned, nothing happened, blah. Which is totally ok, because I mostly hated everyone in my class anyway, (and I am not the hating type), and by the looks of things on Facebook, not much will have changed in that department.

Have a fantastic time!!

Shell said...

Have fun! I didn't go to my high school reunion, but I went to my 10 year college reunion this fall. It was fun.

Anonymous said...

Not tacky at all, but don't leave out pictures of the cats!!! Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Wow. I didn't go to my 10 year reunion. I don't even know if they had one. The joys of being military is that no one can every find you again! Muahahaha!! The Hubble was in Afghanistan for his but he definitely wanted to show them he wasn't as big a nerd as he used to be too. I hope you have fun!

Mrs. Fine said...

Have fun!!! My high school didn't even organize a 10 year...perhaps I was supposed to do it? Just who does organize these fiascos?

Sharlene T. said...

You're going to have a great time, so bring some comfortable shoes for daytime and nighttime! There's a website that handles all the reunions for all the school across the country... try to locate it and see all the great stuff that's going on...

Twitter: SolarChief

Kenzie said...

I hope you have so much fun! My 10 year reunion was last summer, lets just say I hadn't drank in 3 years in between being pregnant and nursing and that was the first night I drank, lets just say I was a riot! Have a great time!

Sherri said...

The big thing I remember about our 10 year was how many people were already divorced with/without kids and/or remarried! We had been married about 5 years at this point.

I think Barney counts, don't you??

TeachEnEspanol said...

I have always been one of those weirdos who is excited for her 10-year reunion (2 years to go)! I don't have anything truly crazy and exciting to brag about, but what a study in human interest to see how everyone has changed/grown/stayed the same. Have fun!!! :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home