way worse than the first few days of summer vacation

After a nineteen hour road trip (all in one day!), we are finally back "home". We were met by some happy-to-see-us cats, about twenty pounds of cat poo, and a giant hairball on the rug that had started to crustify. It was almost one in the morning at that point, though, so we just pretended that it wasn't there and went to sleep (I did clean up the hairball, though, 'cause that's just gross!).


It's panic time for me: yesterday, we spent six hours cleaning the house, and I have a long to-do list to work on. Things like finishing last minute school projects, working on a large custom order for my store (thanks, J!), making my sandwich wraps, and cramming in some last minute lounging around and TV watching.

There's nothing like the last few days of summer vacation....

10 comments:

Minnesota Rocks! said...

I love this sign! I think all teachers need to have this posted in their rooms before the school year begins!

Good luck with your last couple of days of vacation!

malia said...

That Panic Like You Mean it sign is so awesome! Ok congrats on that big order from your store... you go girl! Sounds like you have a lot going on but it's all good stuff. Hope you have a great weekend!

Sherri said...

Love the sign! That feeling of panic is creeping into my house, my kids aren't ready to go back on the 23rd....but my school-based job doesn't usually start until mid-September, so I'm fine for now!

Randy et Jan said...

So glad you made it back home safe and sound!!! Love you, Mom

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you decided to add my little chore to your list!

Enjoy those last few days!

Shell said...

Try to enjoy your last few days!

Anonymous said...

You can do it Sarah! Sometimes panic is a great motivator and energy booster because you're working at the speed of light. But make sure to take breaks, or you'll go crazy. Aren't you lucky that you have a cook for a hubby so 'making dinner' isn't part of your long list. -Rebekah

Miel Abeille said...

Hi Sarah,

I've been out of the blogging loop for about a month. I didn't even know you were going on vacation! Have a great last few days off!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the panic sign! It's SO true isn't it?? You will get it all done and get to relax too, so breathe easy! Do you start with kids on Monday? Teachers report Monday here for the week and we get the kids the following week. Thanks for the blog award! So kind! Have a great rest of your weekend/freedom!!! LOL

Unknown said...

I am SO behind on my blog reading so I didn't know you were gone. Sorry friend!! :-(

Either way, I'm glad you are back and I hope you fully enjoy your last few days of vacation before it's back to the blackboard!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home