banging my head against the wall.... 100 times

Today was our 100th day of school celebration!
 
We had a whole day of workstation activities planned with all of the kindergarten and first grade classes. The kids rotated between all the classrooms for a different fun acitivity in each room. There was 100 day crowns (with sentence strips), 100 day t-shirts, 100 day trail mix, 100 day fruit loop necklaces, etc.
 
Stupidly, I volunteered to man the "I can ___ 100 times" station. I figured: no materials, no mess, no clean up. All I had to do was figure out with the kids what we could do 100 times.
 
And as it turns out, jumping, clapping, snapping, "swimming", Egyptian walking, and hopping 100 times (TIMES EVERY HALF HOUR with a different group!) is a surefire way to pass out.
 
Things my kiddos said:
"Let's do 100 sit ups!"
 
"Let's run 100 laps!"
 
"Let's do 100 push-ups!"
 
Things I wanted to say:

"Okay kids, now let's take 100 deep breaths."
 
"Alright, now instead of jumping jacks, let's all just blink quietly 100 times."
 
"Hmmm. Okay, now let's all put our heads down for 100 seconds while I go take 100 gulps of water."
 
Don't get me wrong - I'm glad they're having a blast, but I may need to be carried out to my car since I won't be able to walk by the end of the day!!
 
 

10 comments:

JoAnna said...

omg if you took 100 deep breaths, you would have all been passed out. that would have been hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely hysterical!!! Next year you might want to string fruit loops- the setup and cleanup might be worth it in the end! LOL Glad you had a fun day even though it was so tiring!

Sarah Garb said...

I've done a hundredth day "Be silent for 100 seconds." And it was an excellent near two minutes. Hope you get to relax for 100 minutes this evening after all of the sit-ups, laps, etc!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Tough blow! I guess that counts as your exercise for the week!

Mrs. Fine said...

Tell me about it...Thursday is our 100th day...and I've yet to get to my tub of 100 goodies to sort out my plan for this year. Perhaps I'll be motivated tomorrow night? ;-) Better be...the darlings think I've got great things planned!

Melissa E. said...

I bet you got 100 times the exercise for all of that hard work!

Cortney said...

Ha! To funny! Thankfully the only thing my kids can do 100 times is get on my nerves.

Anonymous said...

100 hugs? 100 smiles? How about 100 compliments for the teacher! Ha! Sorry to have missed your call. Your Dad HURTS but is hanging in there! Love you, Mom

Teachinfourth said...

Let's eat 100 peanut M&Ms...that's what I'd want to do 100 times.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This post had me laughing my butt off! I'm glad you survived though!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home