The things we do for snow days

I never thought that Texas would be a state where I compulsively checked weather.com every ten minutes, but there you have it. After a record four snow days in a row last week, we're expecting ANOTHER one tomorrow!
 
And I've been educating my Texas teacher colleagues on all of the superstitious behavior I learned from my Michigan teacher colleagues!
 
If you're gunning for a snow day, make sure to:
 
1. Wear your pajamas inside out.
2. Throw ice cubes into the toilet.
3. Sleep with a spoon under your pillow.
 
Those are the main ones that "work." Did I miss any? If there are any regional superstitions in your area for a guaranteed snow day, send them my way!!

8 comments:

Lawn Mower Queen said...

One of my college professors taught us the snow pony. Basically, it's a backwards pony tail. Instead of on the back of your head, you put it right at the top of your forehead.

The snow pony has not failed me yet.

Concerned American Citizen said...

Hi, I'm your new follower from Blog Frog. Nice blog! :) Come by and visit me at htt://seriousmrse.blogspot.com
http://thecomfortzonediversity.blogspot.com

Kenzie said...

I wish I got snow days. Our schools were closed a couple of days last week and closed today. So jealous!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I know what you mean! We had to have been one of the only school districts in Texas on Friday to not have a late start or have school canceled.

Amy said...

In addition to your routines, we put an orange in the freezer!

Mrs. Fine said...

Did you get it, did you get it? We here got wind chill of -15 but alas, just indoor 'cold' recess.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

We prefer the two hour delay. Not much happens at school and you don't have to make it up at the end of the year. We had one today for the extreme cold and should have one again tomorrow.

I sometimes sleep with my jammies inside out on accident. I wonder if there's a correlation with snow days....

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I didn't even know those things existed. Now I'm wondering how many of my teachers back in the day wore their jammies inside out...Hmmmm...

Newer Posts Older Posts Home