Rain Pain

Rain, rain, go away,
Never come back again.
The kids are wild
("Don't do that, child!")
And patience is wearing thin.

The more they scream,
The more I dream
Of being in faraway places...
A moor, a shore, or just a trap door;
I can't stand the sight of their faces.

The weather's grim,
I have a whim
To run away and hide.
But would it be prudent
To leave my students
While I sat outside and cried?

The more I think
The more I feel
That this is not the way.
Please help me, Lord,
(My faith restored)
To get me through my day!

3 comments:

Max said...

It's not raining today.
You should go out and play.
Dump your kids with a sub.
Or just leave.

Anonymous said...

Did you write that poem or was it "borrowed" from another source? The reason I asked is because it was wonderfully creative.

Sarah said...

Yep! I wrote that one!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home