I'd like to come up for air, please

In an ironic twist of fate, our principal has generously allowed all of the teaching staff to leave at 3:15 instead of at 3:45, which is normally the rule. I would normally be jumping up and down with excitement, but when I tried I tripped over the the piles of paperwork needing my attention. So no leaving early for this teacher.

I've been busily writing and holding IEP meetings for my fifth graders transitioning to middle school. I've held six already this week and it's only Wednesday. I'm also in the middle of doing end-of-the year running records on all of my students. And we're in the midst of award assemblies and field days to top it all off.

So these days, I work through lunch, cross items off of my Master To-Do List only to add more on to it, walk really fast everywhere, and generally run around like a chicken with her head cut off.

The fact that the rest of my deaf-ed colleagues already have their classrooms packed up and materials ready for next year makes me want to scream for the hills....

June 4th can't come fast enough! Is your end of the school year this busy?

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't know if I would describe my end of the year as that busy, but I do know that I'm just done with it. And we don't finish until June 18th.

6 IEPs with more to come in a week?!? Wow! I'm so sorry.

alicia said...

I think this is merely an indicator of your excellence as a teacher to have such amazing goals and standards and endless lists when others are already done. Job well done.

Randy et Jan said...

I'm with Alicia!!! Talk to you soon, Mom

Anonymous said...

I agree with Alicia as well...

TeachEnEspanol said...

It really is! I can't believe the amount of paperwork piling up. And you're right, getting them ready for middle school is the kicker. There are a whole lot of files and records to update and decisions about their futures to make! Good luck with everything! We'll take a collective breath of relief on the 4th!

teachin' said...

GOD yes. It's ridiculous. But I'm (almost) done - one more day!

A 2 Z said...

It will get better with each new year!

Mama Pike said...

I am not a school teacher but I appreciate dedicated ones like you. Your blog is interesting and I enjoy it.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home