It could always be worse...

I should be safely tucked away under the covers right now, but the thought of a long-awaited three-day weekend is leading me to believe that I can stay up really late and not suffer the consequences tomorrow (Thursday). Tsk, tsk. Early morning regrets are usually quickly forgotten by the end of the day :).

I've been running around like a semi-crazy woman gathering student work for portfolios, grading papers, writing report cards, creating assessments, testing one-on-one, and writing IEP's. Today the administration was gracious and allowed us to have the afternoon to work in our classrooms instead of boring us with some useless drivel at a staff meeting. It would have been great to have that time, but it turns out all four of the DHH teachers had to stand at the bus stop for thirty minutes after school waiting for a late bus to take our kids home.... So I really only had half of that time. But, don't worry, I made up for it by staying extra late!

Actually, I have nothing to complain about. Most people aren't getting a three day weekend for Veterans Day. And at least I didn't have to deal with a student who had explosive diarrhea like my colleague who teaches across the hall had to. This poor student... it got all over her clothes, in her shoes, and all over the floor.... I'm getting her next year, so let's all start praying now that I never have to come across that kind of situation!

Have a mess-free day today, everyone!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great 3-day weekend! You deserve it.

Love you, Princess. Dad

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. In her SHOES?! I thank God for you that you didn't have to clean that up.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home