Trouble

I was just thinking today how much I love my kids! They can be cute even when they get in trouble...

I had a girl today chew out a teacher on recess duty for telling her to play in a different area. She yelled at her and pointed her accusing index finger right at her: "I don't like what you said! I'm so mad at you! I'm telling my dad and he'll be mad at you!". She went on and on. Thankfully the recess teacher had a sense of humor, and instead of getting mad and issuing a citation, she tried to keep from bursting out in laughter!
When said student got back to the classroom and my aide told me what happened, I pulled her aside and we had a chat about the right way to express our feelings. I told her that it's okay to let people know how we feel, but it's not okay to yell at a teacher because that is disrespectful. Because our classroom rules state that we follow directions the first time, and that we respect other people, I asked her to color her apple blue (that's one step down in the "good behavior chart"). She cried quite a bit and was obviously upset by the whole thing ("how did you hear me?" she asked), but I think she understands why her behavior was inappropriate. She will also be apologizing to the recess teacher tomorrow.

Ahhh, was I that funny when I was little and in trouble? I just remember having a sore bottom once in a while....
And, according to Max, he never got in trouble when he was little. Or if he did, he doesn't remember!

7 comments:

Max said...

You know I never said that.

Max said...

You're just trying to get my parents to write something incriminating.

Sarah said...

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.... you'll never know...

Anonymous said...

Max never did anything wrong. love, gram

hannah said...

haha max did tons of things wrong. Like laughing at me when I was stuck in a tree.

2 bees said...

Let us focus children and comment on the blog's main points...the little girl on the playground and the joys and responsibility of teaching. 1) It usually is more difficult have to be the "adult" and be serious about discipline 2)raise a child up in the way that they should go and they will not depart from it 3) those of us who teach will be more severely judged...Go SARAH and ALL those who are teachers

2 bees said...

I actually don't remember raising Max...I think he managed on his own.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home