Recap

Wow. It's been a while since I've posted... I'll recap this last week for you using mostly words (for a pictorial summary, click here)

Tuesday's Thanksgiving Feast with the DHH program went very well. The food was excellent, the kids were downright hyper, and things went smoothly. After feeding forty kids, the staff got to sample each others' cooking, and it was all very yummy (though a little bit cold by that time). I can't even describe the sweet sense of freedom that was mine as I went home that night... five whole days off!!

Wednesday was a shopping day--some last minute Thanksgiving items, and a jaunt over to Goodwill where I found the cutest black boots. Peter arrived later that evening, and after a walk around the back bay, we watched "Nacho Libre" (a very silly movie, much in the style of "Napoleon Dynamite")

Thursday we enjoyed a very yummy turkey dinner, mostly prepared by Max (though I did contribute another green bean casserole). We ate sooo much--but not cranberry sauce, because nobody likes that stuff anyway. Peter and his friend came over to help us eat all the food. Here's a picture of us waiting for the food to be ready:

Max is smiling, but he's secretly disappointed that I forgot to get rolls at the store... ;)

After dinner, we watched "Elf" to kickoff the Christmas season. Woo hoo!!

Friday, we picked up my grandma from the airport (she just got back from China).
Saturday, we went to the beach and bummed around. I fed the seagulls (way fun)--many of them were hovering above my head, waiting to catch a crumb mid air!

And today, I did everything that I was supposed to do during this break but was putting off. I did three loads of laundry. I went grocery shopping. I watered grandma's plants. I took three practice tests for the CTEL I have to take on Dec. 9 (don't ask me about it unless you want to hear some ranting...). And to reward me for all my trouble, Max made me the Best Baked Potato Ever--complete with cheese, sour cream, green onions, and bacon bits fresh from the frying pan. And since I'm dreading going back to work in the morning, Max is going to give me an extra helping of ice cream to make me feel better.

He just doesn't know it yet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a really great break. Yay!

Anonymous said...

That turkey looked mighty good! Mom

Newer Posts Older Posts Home