Oh Happy Day!

This morning as I walked across campus to my classroom, I noticed quite a few teachers with happy, giddy faces walking around. As I paused to think why my colleagues would be so chipper this morning, I suddenly remembered that this is a two-day week in honor of Thanksgiving! Duh. So then I was walking around pretty happy too :). Today was Monday and tomorrow is like a Friday--why can't every week be like this?
Nothing too major happened over the weekend. We ran errands, we cleaned. We had company over Saturday night (old high school friend and his new wife) which was fun. Sunday was very relaxing--I even picked up a book from the library! Today was fairly uneventful, aside from the birthday mini-celebration we had for our classroom volunteer (I'm guessing she turned forty-something but I wasn't about to ask...). The kids gave her the sweetest cards, and I gave her some chocolate from France. I could tell she was really touched....
Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving Feast at school. It's a tradition for the whole DHH program to get together (about 30 kids) and the staff (us) bring in the turkey with all the works. It's always a lot of fun, and the kids have been looking forward to it since last week! Speaking of which, I need to get crackin' on that green-bean casserole I'm bringing in tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo a casserole! I'm uuper jealous that you only have two days this week.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the rolls...

Newer Posts Older Posts Home