Act One, Scene One

Me: "Who can tell me why the author wrote this? To persuade, inform, entertain, or share feelings?"

"Jerry": [farts loudly]

Class: "Ew!", "Nasty!", "Stop!", "Jerry!!"

Me: "What did I say about that? Either go out into the hall to do that or hold it in!"

Student 1: "He did it on purpose; he pushed it out!"
Student 2: "Yeah, he put down pressure!"

Jerry: [walks over to the doorway, makes sure his rear end is in the hallway, and makes a face as he farts again.]

The kicker? All of this went down during my formal observation.

Good thing my boss was laughing as hard as the kids were!

10 comments:

TeachEnEspanol said...

Oh...my...gosh. I'm pretty sure my boss would not find the humor in that. Cheeky little guy!

Sarah Garb said...

They just go nuts over farting, don't they? One of my kids used to call it, "burping from your bottom," I think because he thought it sounded more polite...

Unknown said...

Ah kids will be kids. I just never knew any kids that gross when I was younger LOL

Anonymous said...

I'd like to read the observation report! Dad

Literacy Teacher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Literacy Teacher said...

Oh My! I am sure for the most part, the lesson went well. If only we could turn on a "perfect angel" kid switch on observation days!!

I have my formal observation coming up soon. I teach in three different classrooms. I have a variety of children who just might refuse to work for me!

Sena said...

I guess if the kids gotta let it go then it has to go!! You must still be laughing by the time you get back home!

Melissa said...

hahahaha! You have the best job! That is so hilarious!

Randy et Jan said...

Boys fart, girls have fluffies!! Mom

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

At least he left the last one outside the room!

And what was so "formal" about this observation anyway? :-)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home