Community

Back in 2006 (!) when I first started this blogging thing, it was mainly a way to stay connected with my family members who were scattered across the globe. It was also therapy for me to write about what goes on in my classroom (and it still is!)

But in the last year or two, I've discovered a whole network of teachers/students/parents out there who I've been able to relate to and connect with. And I've so enjoyed being a part of this larger community!

I've recently joined both the SITS girls and the Blog Frog communities, and am now officially addicted to the internet!!

Below are some links to some pretty typical posts. If you're new here, feel free to peruse. If you've been a long time follower (hi mom!), enjoy the walk down memory lane...

I blog about what it's really like to teach.

I blog about teaching children with hearing loss.

I blog about funny things my students say.

I blog about educational issues in today's society.

I blog about fun things I do in the classroom.

Oh yeah, and how could I forget about my dog and my cats?

What do you blog about?

3 comments:

Literacy Teacher said...

I have two blogs. One blog I created in a grad school class, I enjoyed it so much, I still post literacy ideas in it. I give book reviews, writing ideas, and even homework for my students!

I also have another blog which is there to write about life, my highs and my lows. This blog is private and I write with an anonymous name.

Both make me feel part of a community and both have led me to a lot of other blogs I know follow!

TeachEnEspanol said...

I feel like I could have written that post! It is so awesome to hear that someone else thinks it's therapeutic to write! I also agree that the sense of community you feel when you get connected is invaluable and has definitely made me a better teacher!

Pamela said...

Hello--I'm a recent follower of SITS girls and Blog Frog as well. I found your blog tonight through another blog. I work in a similar field with special needs kids so I can identify with much of what you post. I just became a follower of your blog. ~also, I love your blog design. :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home