California here we come, right back where we started from....

Today, we fly to California. I haven't been back to our old stomping grounds since 2007! I'm thinking of swinging by my old school... it's where I got my first teaching job and it holds all kinds of pleasant and not-so-pleasant memories for me.

It's where I went on my first field trip as a teacher. It's where I switched places with a general education teacher for a day, just to see what it would be like! And it's where decapitated gingerbread men were the perfect math lesson.

But I'm actually going there to visit with my grandma. And BONUS! My sister and her husband (either one of whom I haven't seen since January of 2009!!) are strategically planning their visit to grandma during the same week!

I have a few posts scheduled for the week, but if you don't see me around the Internet for a while, you'll know where I'm at:
I hope you'll all be here when I get back :)

7 comments:

Kenzie said...

Have tons of fun and enjoy your vaca!

alicia said...

Enjoy!! So jealous, but happy for you.

Sharlene T. said...

Just remember who you are and we know you and you had better behave yourself!... or, we will talk... have a great time and come back with lots of stories...

Twitter: SolarChief

Sherri said...

Have a wonderful time! I'm in California, and we've had the most amazing weather this summer so far....enjoy!

Nancy Hniedziejko (Nancy Ehrlich) said...

Safe trip! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Renee said...

Enjoy your trip!

Kitty Deschanel said...

I grew up in California and had some wonderful teachers! I must ask though...ummm..decapitated gingerbread men??

Greetings from Lamb! Thank you for stopping by to show me some bloggy love. It was quite a shock to wake up and discover that I’d been featured on SITS, especially with my face covered in sticky cinnamon! Now I have lots of fun new blogs to explore. If you do try out my face mask, be sure to take a photo and email it to me. I’ll feature you in a post with a link to your blog :)

LambAround’s latest post: My Awkward Family Photo

Newer Posts Older Posts Home