Tootin' my own horn

This goes against everything I was taught (don't brag, stop showing off, don't draw attention to yourself, there's always going to be someone out there who's better than you). But today I throw caution to the wind! Upbringing be darned!


I'm here to convince you that I belong on The A List. First of all, I've been blogging since 2006 .... which makes me Time's Person of the Year for 2006. So... that's gotta count for something right?

Secondly, and most importantly, I blog about my adventures and misadventures in the classroom. This makes for some hilarious and heart-wrenching reading! Like the time when a parent asked a teacher if they could babysit for them too. Or when a student revealed her mommy's secret. Or when one of my students gave me the bad news about my future. Or my frustration over being taxed in my own school!

So if you're a student, a teacher, or a parent (or if you've ever set foot in a classroom), you're sure to find something to please you, amuse you, or anger you on this here blog. Come along and enjoy the ride!

5 comments:

alicia said...

Well, the fact that you think you are good enough is convincing enough for me. Plus, I totally love your blog and would nominate you myself.

Sherri said...

Toot your horn, go for it! I love your blog, funny stories, and sense of humor.

Shell said...

You totally belong on the A list!

Sharlene T. said...

Congratulations! And, why not? Your blog is delightful, fun, and full of great stories...maintain, my dear, maintain...and thanks for blowing your own horn or some of us might not have known...

Twitter: SolarChief

Gigi said...

Hi! I love your blog! Really enjoyed reading some of the stories you highlighted in your post! Such a fresh and different idea for a blog. Love it and look forward to connecting with you at TBC! Gigi@TBC

Newer Posts Older Posts Home