Drunk with power

As I was sitting behind my work computer finishing up IEPs and contemplating my ever-growing to-do list, I had an epiphany. At first I was just thinking: "I wish I could clone myself so I could get this all done faster and could leave before 5:30 today"

But then!

Then I remembered that I had twelve kids at my disposal who were ready to do my bidding at a moment's notice! So I worked my little army of elves to the bone today. I sat on my teacher stool, snapped my fingers, and gave orders left and right.

90 minutes worth of shredding? Done.
46 staples plied out of the wall? Done.
4 bulletin boards taken down with border neatly put away? Done.
8 desks cleaned out? Done.
12 piles of student work distributed to be sent home? Done, and done!

The servants kids were so excited to help, and I felt LOADS less stressed out. I even got to leave on time!!

Now if only I could bring them home and have them help me with my housework....

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

13 comments:

Nancy Hniedziejko (Nancy Ehrlich) said...

Me too!!! I had an assembly line of students moving, carrying, toting, lifting, etc. You name it, they were doing it for ME! The best part... they loved helping! Tomorrow for clean up day, I'm practically finished.

Sharlene T. said...

So, you thought of this at the END of the school year?!? Well, that should give you a head's up for September. HeeHee...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a bunch of Oompa Loompas on hand!

TeachEnEspanol said...

I LOVE making the students do manual labor. ;) Honestly, they usually take pride in helping and are happy to do it. Way to wisely use your resources!

The Goldfish Herder said...

Haha! Excellent! My kids all have jobs to do at the end of the day (floors, shelves, emptying garbage cans into the big one, stacking chairs etc) and I think all the time how much I'd love to bring my little army home with me.

One of my students wrote "I'm always cheerful when I clean my room" yesterday for a sentence using the word "cheerful"... I told her she could come clean my room anytime! :D

Randy et Jan said...

Child labor....American style! This mother is a true believer! Praying for your last few days!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now you're learning. dad

Bloggy Blog Designz said...

we saw that you entered our blog design giveaway at Skip To My Lou a little while back, and we want to offer you 30% off any blog design package! Please contact us at bloggyblogdesignz@gmail.com if you're interested. Thanks!

Mama Pike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Pike said...

You are so funny! I enjoy your thoughts on teaching. Good job getting so much help from your students.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Nice!! Send them to my office when you are done with them ;-)

Ginny Marie said...

My second graders loved taking staples out of bulletin boards!

The end of the year cleaning and paperwork always stressed me out, too. It seemed like I was always the last one in the office organizing and filing my students' folders to send them on to the next grade. I definitely don't miss all that paperwork!

Charlotte said...

I had the same epiphany with my 6 kids at home. Sure there is more mess to clean, but there are also more people to help (Although I hope your students don't whine and throw a fit like my kids do).

Newer Posts Older Posts Home