Fun Fiesta!


Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!! My kids had a field day with all the food we brought in (made by teachers, not students, so as to avoid any stomach-pumping; see comment from post below). We ate nachos (with the real cheese heated in a crockpot) and taquitos with home-made guacamole as well as salsa and sour cream. YUM! The kids ate so much.... to top it off, we had popsicles-- I couldn't really think of a Mexican dessert. And to work off all those calories, we danced around a paper sombrero to the tunes of a mariachi band on the CD player. I'm not sure you could call it a true Mexican hat dance, but we sure had fun hopping and skipping around. I am such a ham.
As if all that food wasn't enough, when the kids were out on lunch recess my awesome aide threw me another birthday party, this time with staff. Always one to outdo herself, she brought two cakes (chocolate mousse, and tiramisu) complete with candles. Let's just say that it was all I could do to roll myself out the door at the end of the day!

5 comments:

Max said...

She forgot to mention the ice cream she ate after Cinco de Mayo...

Anonymous said...

Days like today put a nice spin on teaching!

Hannah said...

haha your fiesta hat is so hott!! I like seeing your teacher pictures...I still am at the stage that I think it's "cool" that your grown up like that haha

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Newer Posts Older Posts Home