I'm appreciated

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week put on by our parent's group (PFO). This doesn't mean a whole lot to me since I don't have any parents that live anywhere close to the school where they could help out... But it does mean that there are signs all over campus claiming we are the best (and rightly so). The other thing it means is that they will be throwing a free lunch for us today. WOO HOO!!!
In other news, today is the last day of our two week testing period (YES!), which is great because I'm sick and tired of seeing my students struggling over material they haven't learned, and language they don't understand. I'm also looking forward to removing the "shrouds of death" (butcher paper) that have covered my walls of all things educational. It will be nice to have my room back.
Today promises to be a good day...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eh, I got irritated with trying to balance thinly veiled sarcasm with poetry, and I suck at haikus anyways. So, that is no more. Cry about it.

Er, but on topic, I wanted to point out that you posted this at 7:36 am, and then go on to say that this is gonna be a good day. I beg to differ. Under NO circumstances can a day be good if yo're awake and writing at 7:36 am. Even cute little baby Jesus isn't awake that early in the morning. Ugh. All of you people that get up that early on purpose are godless heathens and should be drowned.

Sarah said...

Ah yes, but getting up that early earns me a nice paycheck... :)

Max said...

If you don't go to bed at all, is 7:36 AM still early? (Strictly a rhetorical question, as it is what I did last 'night') I will miss the haikus.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home